1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone having success with affiliate marketing?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Marketing Forum' started by vatrecia, Apr 12, 2014.

1. vatrecia

vatrecia New Member

Why do people lack success when it comes to affiliate marketing?
    My thoughts on this big question, is that there aren't enough people that want it badly.

Every single day you are hearing that 80% percent of people are too busy complaining, then trying to make a success story. While 20% of people are actually taking the time, implementing different strategies. Those are the people that will most likely to have success.

So what do we do about it? "We work hard at what we want, Instead of sitting on the couch like a couch potato.

2. IMteabwoi

IMteabwoi Member

Yeah everything in this internet marketing game is about being able to work hard for whatever it is that you want. People get into internet marketing or affiliate marketing and hear about the success stories thinking that it would be them immediately and something that I had to learn the hard way is that success comes to those who are willing to work really hard for whatever it is that they want.

Me I have managed to build a mobile ad agency and I am still growing it and the thing is it is a lot of work but I am willing to work as hard as I can to fulfill my dreams and reach my goals.

Stay with it and work hard and remember that any products that tell you that you can make a lot of money from your couch, leave them on that sales page and never click that "buy now" button.

3. AB9100

AB9100 New Member

I haven't had much success yet.

But that is why i am here. I am here to take in all the knowledge that the experienced forum members are willing to share with me.

I am looking at the bright side of things. There is only one way to go, and that is up. I can only get better. I am going to keep studying , and developing techniques, and one day i will be successful.

I am not going to stop until i am.

4. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

I haven't had a lot of success yet, but I am in the process of learning how to. What you said was spot on. Most people are wishers and tire-kickers. They just want to make money online and try a few little things here and there, but they will not get anywhere because they don't want to work hard. The successful affiliate marketers are those that create a good plan and take action on it!

5. Rainman

Rainman Member

Working hard doesn't guarantee success.

Passion without knowledge is useless [tell me if I misquoted that proverb].

Most people get into internet marketing with the assumption that they'll make money easily. Their lack of knowledge of how things are done the right way tells in the earnings they make [$0}. I made that mistake once when I was a clickbank affiliate. I wasted two years promoting products which at the time I had no idea that they could not sell.

To make it as an internet marketer one must first find a product that can sell, identify the people who can buy and find a way to reach those people. However if you simply plunge in, grab any old product and get blogging, you'll find at the end of the year that you would have made nothing no matter how hard you worked at promoting that product.

Having learned my lesson, I've got back into IM again and I"m sure this time the story will have a happy ending though I haven't made a dime yet.

rosebud and BeeBop like this.
  6. BeeBop

BeeBop Member

One problem is that people are being lied to. They are being told by the internet marketing `gurus` that it`s easy, when in fact it`s not. There is a ton of competition and people are getting wise and sick of the old methods.

rosebud likes this.
  7. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarie New Member

Yes, when most people hear about affiliate marketing, they assume that it will be easy money. You have to have different strategies to attract customers to your products before you see any success. I personally utilize social media the most because the product that I have works well with Instagram and Twitter.

8. rosebud

rosebud New Member

I haven't had much success with internet marketing, personally, but then I haven't tried very hard. I think one of the keys to success is to either be a very good liar or to find a product that you honestly believe in. I'm not willing to lie (much) to get people to buy something from one of my links and I have a hard time finding products that I honestly believe are better than other products.

I am personally not very brand-loyal. I buy generics when I go shopping. I don't have a "brand identity" and find such a thing to be rather ludicrous. But I know that can be important for marketing, so I have a difficult time with this.

Is there a good way to market without lying and while only partially believing in the product?