1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone using ClickBank?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Marketing Forum' started by jake, Apr 13, 2014.

1. jake

jake Member

I know of affiliates that make over 1k monthly from promoting ClickBank affiliate products and was wondering if anyone here is using them. What's great about CB is that their products offer the biggest commissions from all the affiliate networks.

You can also see which products are hot right now and try to promote those. I've had a small success with CB and made a few hundred dollars from them but I didn't really put in a lot of effort with them in order to make this very successful. I'm considering putting more attention to CB and would like some tips from people that have been an affiliate for some time. Any advice is welcomed! Thanks!

2. Samuel

Samuel Active Member

Hi Jake,

CB is awesome if you tap into the right product. My problem has always been finding the right product but yes the payout is awesome! Another thing I don't like is CB closes your account if you don't make a sale after a while :cautious: and you loose any monies you have that is below your withdrawal threshold so I be careful.

All in all, it offers a good affiliate income.

3. jake

jake Member

Yes, unfortunately you are right about the "closing account". I know of people that went through this and it's not pretty. A good way to avoid this is to just buy a product through your own affiliate link. I know this is not the most honest way of doing things but it does avoid losing your account. You could even buy from a family member's credit card just to make things safer.

I don't really understand why CB is doing this instead of trying to encourage people to promote more products. They seem to not want small affiliates around. Anyway, I still want to put more energy into them just to have a different income stream besides other affiliate networks and Adsense.

4. MoneyTalks

MoneyTalks New Member

The big problem with Clickbank is not making a sale but the amount of refunds you have to make. They try to ban people who buy things and then continually request refunds but they just sign up with new accounts so beware!

5. eagle22

eagle22 New Member

I make more than 1k per month promoting clickbank products. However, I don't do it through a website. My website is set up to collect email addresses and then I will market to the people via email. This usually results in much better conversions and it's nice because I can market to the same people over and over again.

6. jake

jake Member

@ eagle22 - That's great eagle22! Do you send a couple of helpful emails to your list before you actually promote a product? Or do you just promote products without sending other types of emails to your list? Also, if you can please share, what is your conversion from these emails (meaning how many click the links in your emails and how many buy)?

7. IMteabwoi

IMteabwoi Member

Clickbank is really about finding a good product, building a relationship with an email list and promoting the products that you have found on Clickbank to them. That's basically making money on Clickbank in a nutshell. Some people even use youtube but I have heard that a lot more work goes into getting your offers to convert when you use youtube.

8. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

I have not had any sales with Clickbank yet, but am in the learning process of affiliate marketing. Clickbank is one of the best platforms for making money online. It takes hard work, but if you offer valuable, real information to people, they will get interested in your affiliate product and buy it. It's all about having a high-converting product and sending traffic to it through helpful information.

9. BeeBop

BeeBop Member

One thing that ticks me off about Clickbank is if you haven`t made a sale within a certain period (3 months?) they`ll start deducting money from your account.

10. whnuien

whnuien Member

I have tried using CB twice with no success and I'm always confused to which product is the best I can promote. I'm still learning a lot about Internet Marketing and I'm working on my blog at the moment but I don't really want to switch it into a selling platform too soon. Most of my regular visitors are people I know and I don't want to scare them away.

In my opinion having your own website is the best way to market when you choose to do an affiliate marketing and that is what I'm planning to do when I'm ready.

11. Rainman

Rainman Member

I was a Clickbank affiliate for two years but no matter how hard I promoted the products, I didn't make any money or rather, no one bought the products I promoted. The reason could have been that the people I reached didn't trust Clickbank.

I don't know. It could also be my marketing campaign which wasn't that great because there are people who claim to make a lot of money as Clickbank affiliates.

12. eppie

eppie Member

So they work the same way as Commission Junction then? I almost reached CJ's $100 payout minimum until my best earning product got ditched now they are deducting monthly fees from my CJ account, the last time I checked, my balance is down to $50.00 :(

I've never tried Clickbank but I'm a member the same time I applied at CJ. Some say CB have good digital products than CJ but I guess affiliate marketing is just not my forte. :unsure:

13. BeeBop

BeeBop Member

I think that CB changed it too. I seem to remember that they would start to deduct money at the 6 month mark, but I'm pretty sure that they bumped it up to 3 months. It was so sad because years ago I made my first sale for $40 and got none of it because they took money.

14. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarie New Member

Clickbank is the only affiliate marketing website that I use. They have the best payouts and the set up of the market place allows you to choose from thousands of products. I have made a living just using Clickbank. I mainly market new age thinking material and it has been successful so far.

15. rosebud

rosebud New Member

I don't use Clickbank at the moment because I haven't really found a "good" product to sell through them. There are also several things that annoy me about them, one of them being unable to change your password. It's been over a year since I've logged into Clickbank (so my account may actually be closed), but not being able to change your password is crazy! If you happen to lose it, your account is gone. And no way to change it to something you can remember. That's just insanity. I hope that Clickbank has changed that policy.