1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are these programming languages easy to learn?

Discussion in 'Programming Forum' started by jeffscott, Nov 6, 2014.

1. jeffscott

jeffscott Member

Are these programming languages easy to learn?
    PHP
    Javascript
    CSS
    etc.

I'm not familiar with them and also want to learn the basics.
    Thanks.

2. RH-Calvin

RH-Calvin New Member

Once you start learning them, it will be easy for you. You need to take a tutorial online and get hold of the programming languages easily.

3. oliversk

oliversk Active Member

I have heard of people who are capable of learning programming languages in a single weekend, however in general it takes years of practice to become really good at it.

To become really good at something it is said you have to invest 10,000 hours.

To program a simple app, starting from scratch without any knowledge, you only need a few days these days thanks to awesome documentation

Make sure to get access to some high-quality courses. If possible invest a few dollars into an Udemy course (www.udemy.com)

All programmings languages have major hubs and provide clear documentation

My suggestion is to start with HTML5 and CSS. You can learn the basics in a week and then invest another 3 weeks into PHP following examples on www.php.net

Once you've done that, you will have a solid understanding of the basics, how to write functions, how to write loops, how to design a website using CSS and what it takes to program a web API.

From there, the sky is the limit. Keep working on projects and you will get there eventually

4. oliversk

oliversk Active Member

5. abhishek

abhishek New Member

Ofcourse yes, they are easy to learn and you can start with html css.