1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you still doing affiliate marketing without building a list?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Marketing Forum' started by jake, Apr 17, 2014.

1. jake

jake Member

I've done this for years now: promoting products just to get the case without thinking of the future. Recently I realized that truly the money is in the list and that whatever I do I must be building a list of emails from people that are interested in what I have to offer. This way, when I send an email to 1000 or more people I know that some will buy because they are interested in what I will offer.

What do you think? Is building a list worth it? Are you doing it?

2. Rainman

Rainman Member

Building an email list certainly is a great way to ensure that even if someone doesn't visit your website often you can still market to them periodically.

Most internet marketers however, though they may desire to build an email list, may not find it that easy and the methods they use to get subscribers may also affect any results they may get in future.

Building a list naturally and slowly therefore ensures only those interested in your products or what you write about will subscribe.

That's how I'm doing it.

So far I've got about four subscribers only but at least I know these four will in future buy something from me.

3. jake

jake Member

It's great that you already have 4 people in your list! 4 is better than nothing and that number can only grow if you keep providing useful information to them! I also feel that some do not understand the meaning of a good list and they keep doing things wrong that ultimately lead to people unsubscribing. I will also try to add value to my subscribers and make sure 90% of my messages are helping people and only 10% or less are actually promoting something (that is also of aid).

4. IMteabwoi

IMteabwoi Member

Building an email list is the way to go once you begin making money online. I have always heard this being preached to me but I never really took heed of it. I have now and I must say that building a "responsive" email list is one of the greatest things that I have ever done for my business.

Having a responsive email list is like having money in your virtual computer pocket. I mean at any time of the day I can send out an email and have money rolling in within a few hours. Its like having traffic and customers on demand and money whenever I need it.

So my motto these days is to do everything in my power to add people to my email list.

5. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

Building a good list is one of the best ways to establish a long-term relationship with your customers. They only want to join if they are very interested in what you have to offer. I say go for it, because you not only have a good connection with your customers, but also you can make easy money on demand. It make take some time and hard work to build your list in the beginning, but it is totally worth it!

6. Brianna Jay

Brianna Jay Member

I keep hearing that a list is the best way to go and I really want to start building one. My question, though, is what do I send my subscribers besides affiliate offers? I want to provide them with value and not just constantly try to make them purchase from me. Can I start building a list and then eventually send them emails or do I have to send them right away? Help is very much appreciated as I am still fairly new to affiliate marketing.

7. IMteabwoi

IMteabwoi Member

Brianna it would be best if you could follow up with your subscribers immediately. The reason I say this is because most people that are on the internet have short attention spans and if you want you subscribers to remember you then you have to ensure that they hear from you immediately. I went through an email marketing course recently that recommends that every single time that you send your a subscribers and email you want to have a call to action to the end of every email.

Brianna Jay likes this.
  8. CrystalMarie

CrystalMarie New Member

Building a list is extremely important to me when it comes to affiliate marketing. You can use the list that pertain to a certain niche and product different products related to that niche. I person on that list may not like one of your products but may like something else you market. It is also just important to keep potential customers around.

9. Brianna Jay

Brianna Jay Member

Thank you for the tips; this is very helpful. I'm currently working on a new project and I believe building my list will be essential to my plan.

10. Teresita Tayanes

Teresita Tayanes New Member

When i was new to internet marketing, i used to place my email every time there is a freebie offered in exchange of my e-mail. It was only lately that i realized that one way to build a list is by having a squeeze page and a free offer so that a potential customer would readily write the email for the frebbie. But as far as i can remember, i have never bought a single item from an email ad.