1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogging vs article writing?

Discussion in 'Google' started by rahul1, Jul 15, 2013.

1. rahul1

rahul1 Member

Blogging vs article writing?

2. They're the same. It's just that blogging is Internet-based and more personal. Article writing is the general term for any composition.

Rainman likes this.
  3. parthag

parthag Member

I think both can generate backlinks for your website from different platforms.

4. Athenagdlyt

Athenagdlyt Member

It depends on what your goals are. If you are seeking instant earnings, then go for article writing. If you are establishing long term income, then establish your own blog but use article writing through big publishing platforms as a means to promote your own blog site. When you own your blog, you have more control over the content, but you may not enjoy the earnings immediately. If you're just writing for personal enjoyment, by all means create your own blog.

5. frankm

frankm New Member

These are two differents things. The concept is the same, you write stuff and generate traffic with it. In blogging you're free but you have to manage your blog and your article. In exchange you write about something you like or you choose to write about.

Writing article is only abour writing. You write what people asked you to write then you jump from job to job.

If you enjoy writing i would suggest a blog but if you are very good at writing go for article because people will pay for good articles.

6. MoneyTalks

MoneyTalks New Member

It depends on what you are trying to do; If you are looking for a platform to air your opinion then blogging is the way forward. Articles are a way of selling things so are more business like as a rule. Either way, if it's something you are interested in then it will sound better than 90% of the sterile dross out there.

7. Blommas

Blommas New Member

It depends like the other say. You can blog about your life etc, or you can write articles about everything else. Do what you like best. If you want to write about money and life then blog, but if you want to write about reviews etc then make articles.

8. eagle22

eagle22 New Member

Well, when you blog you are writing articles so I am not too sure what you are asking. Are you asking which is better between owning a blog and writing articles for article directories? If so, having your own blog is the best option. You can use article directories to help you drive traffic to the blog.

9. Ultip

Ultip Member

I prefer to mix up both of them. I do really like blogging, but sometimes I like to be more serious so therefore enjoy writing articles.

10. Rainman

Rainman Member

I don't see if there's much difference these days. Back in the days when people could post anything on blogs, there definitely was a difference between a blog post and an article posted on some website.

However, these days, bloggers write informational articles and post them on their blogs because they [blogs] are fast becoming where one gets information from. So, to make it as a blogger, you need to write ARTICLES [that's if you expect to compete against others who are doing the same thing].

11. falboe

falboe Guest

It's just that blogging is Internet-based and more personal.

12. IMteabwoi

IMteabwoi Member

To me I think that they really are both the same thing if you ask me.

13. Rube

Rube Member

You can post articles on a blog, but writing web content is different from blogging. A website article needs to be more authoritative than a blog post. When writing articles for web content it is more important to verify facts, use reliable sources for your research and provide links where necessary.

An article has to be well written and of a good length, without being repetitive or padded out. A blog post can be short and to the point.

As a freelance writer I get asked to do both. I find it easier to write an impersonal informative article than produce a blog post as if I'm writing from personal experience.

14. elmarianexx

elmarianexx New Member

I prefer article writing especially because I get paid for writing good quality articles, so it's worth my effort. I do blogging in my free time too.

15. zuulspaceman

zuulspaceman New Member

I happen to create content for clients on their websites and their blogs. Generally blog writing is a little more laid back, whereas article writing needs to be more precise. For instance, you can write a review on a product for a blog post, but if you got a keyword for an article that's a product name you'd probably want to stick with talking about that product's features and not like you bought and used it.

16. seo backlink

seo backlink New Member

17. nada_book14

nada_book14 New Member

According to me Article writing is best. But some time article writing is not SO Easy because this take time for approval and we also use only quality content for our article submission. so we need high quality contents.

18. parmeshwarsnooze

parmeshwarsnooze New Member

Article and Blog both are best way to generate back links.

19. oliversk

oliversk Active Member

Hi Parmesh,

no offense but before you post anything you may want to turn on your spellchecker and think about what you write for a second. I'm also not a native speaker so it's definitely OK to make mistakes, but things like capitalization matter. When you're writing articles and your entire article is riddled with mistakes no one will bother reading it. Same goes for forum posts. So you won't get ANY backlinks whatsoever because the reader does not consider your site trustworthy!

You should always make sure it is easy to read, use paragraphs wherever necessary. Nothing is more ugly than a text of wall. Whenever I proof-read articles of others and edit articles I am surprised how little writers care about paragraphs. It is a sign that they don't understand structural writing. And that's a skill you need to master when you're writing for the web or you will get zero backlinks - nada

Also, when you're posting on a forum it is really appreciated if you write a little more than 1 sentence :) Elaborate. Why do you think blogging and article writing are the best ways to build backlinks?

20. RH-Calvin

RH-Calvin New Member

Blogging helps to spread news and ideas with various quality articles. It helps to produce good articles for promoting them and sharing your thoughts online.