1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Display Widgets Plugin malfunction

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Glados, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Glados

Glados Member

I'm using Display Widgets Plugin so that I could display or hide a widget in a sidebar wherever I want. However, when I changed my theme, I've had a bit of problems. I'd also like you to know that I'm using BuddyPress and Display Widgets is having problems with BuddyPress. When I'm trying to show a certain widget on the "Members" portion, it does not show. If I try to hide the widget from the "Members" portion, it shows in every page and post. So what I do in order to show a widget in the "Members" portion only is to select "hide widget" and check all pages and posts except the "Members" portion! Very very inconvenient.

2. oliversk

oliversk Active Member

Wordpress widgets are not very reliable - I suggest you look up the function for the widget on the plugin page or in the readme file e.g. "related_posts()" or "yarrp_related()" etc - you get the point

Then insert that function directly into your sidebar.

Then go ahead and create a page template. That is easy to do, simply copy the code you find in archive.php and change the name to something like "my_page"

Here are all the details
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Page_Templates