1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Activity Prediction Q3/Q4 2014

Discussion in 'Google' started by oliversk, Oct 16, 2014.

1. oliversk

oliversk Active Member

In this thread everyone is welcome to submit their Analytics ranking and Adsense revenue fluctuation so we can better track Google Panda, Penguin and Adsense layout changes.

Google is more active during certain quarters. To be able to react to severe changes you need to be aware of those changes first. Let us track algorithm changes and changes to Google Adsense CTR/RPM

The rating goes from 1 to 10, please state what effect the change had on your site

Examples:
    1. MA - October 11: Major Adsense Changes, Increased CTR
    2. MA - October 11: Panda 4.1, Session decline, Pageviews/user increase

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  2. oliversk

oliversk Active Member

I already posted my finding above

1. MA 9 - October 11: Major Adsense Changes, Increased CTR
    2. MA 9- October 11: Panda 4.1, Session decline, Pageviews/user increase
    On October 11, Google tested various new Adsense layouts that increased revenue up to 50% per hour. Neat.

On October 11, Google also rolled out some algorithm changes, possibly a Panda refresh

Last edited: Oct 16, 2014
  3. oliversk

oliversk Active Member

Google has rolled out major updates in October, probability that another major update will follow next month are slim

Adsense revenue seems stable at the moment, but I suspect they may do more testing before the holidays in early November

4. oliversk

oliversk Active Member

Update on Adsense:
    The Adsense team is experimenting with new ad styles, in particularly font sizes on various sites

MA - RPM is expected to be volatile from Nov 21 - 25

Thanksgiving is ahead so hopefully they will stop testing new ad styles soon. I am surprised they are testing during Cyber Monday, Black Friday week, which is one of the most important weeks of the year.

Update on Algorithm:

MI - Google will no longer update Pagerank.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014