1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google or Bing?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Francy, May 20, 2014.

1. Francy

Francy New Member

Do you prefer to use the google or bing search engine and why?

2. Rube

Rube Member

I use Bing more than I use Google. It might not be my first choice, but I do find Bing results useful and can usually find what I want there.

I generally only use Google when I don't find what I want in other search engines, or if I want to do the type of search that is not possible on other engines.

Why? Well I don't see why Google should get all my searches. I don't have to use it just because it dominates the Internet. I like to have a choice and to pick which results I want to view. I'm happy with the way Bing works, but it is not usually the first search engine I go to.

3. Brianna Jay

Brianna Jay Member

I've been a Googler for so long it's ridiculous. I used Bing once when Google was having some technical issues, but never again. I just didn't like it. Can't really say why; I just didn't like it. Google is simple and effective. It gets the job done every time.

4. NukeBlaster

NukeBlaster New Member

Definitely Google..

5. Samuel

Samuel Active Member

Guys,

I have been playing around with this tool, http://www.bingiton.com/ while i think it might be influenced (personal opinion) it is still worth playing around with.

Enjoy

6. Joshua

Joshua Member

I just gave "Bing it On" a spin, I judged five unbranded search samples and this was the message I got on the final screen:

".....Bing won! We're delighted to hear that more and more people are choosing bing for the web's top searches...."

Bing won 4 rounds out of 5.

7. iRichard

iRichard New Member

I tested it out Bing and I didn't like it. I prefer to use Google because it's faster and it already knows what you want before you even type in the full words. I have been using Google for a very long time and I don't think I am going to stop using it.

8. Rainman

Rainman Member

I use the search engine that gets me what I want. On the occasions I've had to use Bing to find information, the results have always been disappointing. I'd have to refine the search terms quite a number of times before I get a few relevant results.

I too, hate Google's monopoly but since they are better than any search engines I'm forced to use their search engine most of the time.

9. IMteabwoi

IMteabwoi Member

I say Google hands down! I don't use anything else but Google. I always tell my fiance that I think that Google is the greatest thing that has ever happened to my life and the thing is it is improving every single day. Google to me is the search engine an traffic beast and I cannot see any other search engine being able to ever compete with Google in this life time.

10. elmarianexx

elmarianexx New Member

I have never used bing because I only use google chrome. I think that it's a good Internet browser.

11. tijan

tijan Member

I've been using Google for quite a while. I'd choose it over Bing since it's much easier and simpler to use.

12. seo backlink

seo backlink New Member

According to me i prefer google is best for seo.

13. obliviousme

obliviousme New Member

Definitely Google! There's just no other search engine that does the job as good as Google. I personally don't trust other search engines. I love using Google because it gives a comprehensive list of all possible relevant information to what you're looking for. Some search engines are simply just not cut out for the job.

14. davbonpol

davbonpol New Member

Google for sure! I tried Bing a few times to see if I liked it and it seemed to only frustrate me after the ease of Google!

15. Glados

Glados Member

This is probably one of the easiest questions that I'm gonna answer in this forum. Definitely Google (like majority of other members here). Google wins because it's a fast search engine that adopts to the needs of the user. It knows how to search what you really want. It doesn't give useless results. I used Bing and Yahoo search back then. But now, I only exclusively use Google.

Charles Franklin likes this.
  16. I will agree with almost everyone here. Google is my preferred engine of choice. It is the one that I am most comfortable with and the fastest (compared to Bing). I like Google's clean interface and straightforward answers. I tend to get confused on Bing searches!

Don't even get me started on Yahoo as a search engine!

17. andy wilkins

andy wilkins New Member

18. wulfman

wulfman New Member

Google. Google is a search engine that brings you the best sites based on what you type in the search field. Also you can type halfway through and it figures out what you are looking for.

19. blinkwood

blinkwood New Member

20. enter

enter Member

Bing is good Most people who hate Bing actually have never tried it. In a recent blind test, where participants were asked to choose search and choose Bing or Google without knowing which is which, they chose Bing 2 to 1. I personally use Bing everyday. Bing rewards allow you to get free gift cards and other stuff, and it has Facebook integration.

Bing finds my web site easily, Google doesn't! Google has gone downhill in recent months - presumably they have changed their search algorithms yet again. Now it seems like sites that have multiple listings of environmental consultants are more likely to be on the first page than a consultancy that offers exactly what was required in the search. OK, I could try (again) to optimise my web site pages to suit Google, but that take a lot of time. I think on the current trajectory Bing will prevail. However, Google Scholar is still good for my work, so I won't abandon Google entirely. Phil Smith, Aquatonics Ltd