1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had Success With Solo Ads?

Discussion in 'Affiliate Marketing Forum' started by healthandfitness, May 18, 2014.

1. healthandfitness

healthandfitness New Member

I have been heard a bit about solo ads, but there is not much said about them in open circles. I feel this is to keep the good sources secret. Nobody want to give away their bread and butter if it will ruin the source for themselves. But I am not sure....

Has anyone had a successful experience with solo ad campaigns?

2. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Member

From what I understand, you are essentially just sending an email blast out to someone else's email marketing list. I don't quite understand the need to come up with some new industry jargon around this.

I think the only real difference here is that you are not "buying" their list, but rather just allowing them to send out a mass email to their lists on your behalf, featuring your product(s).

If I had a massive email list, I would personally be a little nervous about engaging in something like this, since I can't really vouch for the third party's product quality and I would run the risk of losing my own subscribers for a quick buck here and there.

I suppose if you know of someone that has a really targeted lists of people that would be right up your alley, it would be an effective way to sell - but the odds are this person you are buying a solo ad from is probably a direct competitor of yours as well, which could be a conflict of interest.