1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you tried using Concrete5?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Glados, May 14, 2014.

1. Glados

Glados Member

Concrete5 is one of the very first CMS that I played around with when I first was able to avail of a web hosting service. I liked it at first because it was easy to use and had a lot of plugins to edit a site. But when I tried using WordPress, I fell in love with it outright because it was more user friendly than concrete5 yet allowed more website customization.

Have you tried using Concrete5 before?

2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer New Member

No I haven't tried that service before, to be honest this is the first time I've heard about Concrete5. I've used Wordpress as my first CMS platform and I was quite happy with it. But I'll give this one a go for my next website project, thanks man.

3. eppie

eppie Member

It's actually my first time to hear about Concrete5, are they included in the Softaculous bunch in cPanel?

My first ever blog was a Blogger which is up until now. But recently I'm slowly reviving my Wordpress skills with a recent online project. I'm really liking the new WP features/plugins/themes. I don't think I'll be interested in other blogging platforms again. :)

4. Glados

Glados Member

You're welcome. Inform us on how your project with concrete 5 went okay? :)

I saw the concrete5 CMS on the cPanel. I didn't even know what I should choose before. I was presented with Joomla, Drupal, WordPress, Weebly... But I chose Concrete5. I think I used it for a few weeks or so before trying out another CMS. I'm also sticking with WP :)

5. Ultip

Ultip Member

I have tried using it, and honestly it didn't impress me at all - it isn't that flexible and is nowhere near as feature-packed and supported as Wordpress and other content management systems are.