1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you tried using the Wiki platforms?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Glados, May 20, 2014.

1. Glados

Glados Member

Have you ever tried to make a wiki site? I have and I was able to create one using WordPress by incorporating different plugins. But just recently, I found out that there are platforms that specifically cater to Wiki sites like TikiWiki and DokuWiki.

I haven't tried them out but I plan to later on. Have you tried using a wiki CMS before?

2. whnuien

whnuien Member

I have only learnt about this platform recently and I do find this quite interesting. Though I would like to try and make one but so far I don't have the ideas that really interests me at the moment.

What type of wiki site did you make?

3. lavanderson

lavanderson New Member

All of my experience has been with mediawiki, which is the software the wikipedia folks developed and maintain. It's available at http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki .

It's not too difficult to get set up and running, and there are lots of existing extension both to help customize it and to get it integrated with other software.

I honestly don't know how it compares to the solutions you mentioned, but it might be worth considering. If you wind up working with any of them I'd love to hear your experience!