1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can you make your search results more accurate?

Discussion in 'Google' started by deathbyprayer, Jul 15, 2014.

1. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayer New Member

Now Google is probably everybody's bestfriend right? But sometimes the search results aren't exactly the thing you're looking for, there are many factors to this I think, sponsorship and paying for positions, SEO etc. But what I want to know is, is there any surefire method that would help you get more accurate results from Google? Like special codes or something?

2. calebmelvern

calebmelvern New Member

I'm not sure if I get what you mean. But I think you are looking for search operators. You might want to Google about it. Basically, these operators narrow down your search accordingly. My favorites are intitle, inurl, site and related. You can also combine these operators to further narrow down your search results.

3. Rainman

Rainman Member

When I want a search engine to find exactly what I"m looking for then sometimes, to narrow down the search, I include the the name of the site where I expect most of my search results to be from.

For example if I'm looking for an IM video on youtube I could use this search phrase: "Internet marketing youtube"

The important thing I guess is to use a rather long search term. That would in most cases get you exactly what you are looking for.