1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you stop making backlinks what will happen to your site?

Discussion in 'Google' started by pirateking, Aug 23, 2013.

1. pirateking

pirateking Member

If you stop making backlinks what will happen to your site?

2. rimpy

rimpy Member

website ranking will go down and have not any traffic to website.

3. You slow down the chances of your webpages to rank up in SERPs.

4. pirateking

pirateking Member

How about updating or adding new fresh contents daily but not backlinks? Do you think my SERP will go down?

5. brainpulse

brainpulse Member

If you stop making backlinks then your site ranking down from search engine and traffic will be decrease. So backlinks is must important for a web site.

6. parthag

parthag Member

Relevant backlinks are important (from OnFocus sites). If you won't generate relevant backlinkings, the SERP will be effected. 

7. Athenagdlyt

Athenagdlyt Member

The end-result will still depend on how well you have crafted your keyword, title, and main content. If your blog topic is so unique, then your page will still have a chance of landing the first few pages of Google even if you don't depend on backlinks. In the end, the search query still remains the main force that drives traffic to your page.

8. Rainman

Rainman Member

The way bloggers and site owners build backlinks is changing as the SEO landscape also changes. What Google expects is that you should get backlinks because you deserve them.

That simply means that if you write great content, others will definitely link to you. On the other hand if you write and post content that's not that great but still want to get links from other sites they can disavow your links and for that you'll get penalized.

So IMO, it's much better to maintain the stasis rather than try to get backlinks and get penalized for it.

Just post more quality content and you won't have to worry about getting backlinks again.

9. eagle22

eagle22 New Member

I know everyone is replying "your site will go down" but that isn't necessarily true. Your site MIGHT go down and it might not. It depends on a lot of factors, the main one being competition. If you are ranking for a keyword with low competition your site might last on page one for a long time. The other thing that it depends on is natural backlinks. If you have done a good job, then you can stop creating the backlinks because others will like your content so much they will start to link for you. That's what happened with my blog. All I do now is focus on writing.

10. Ultip

Ultip Member

I have personally noticed that most sites, as long as they've had some quality backlinks that stick around, will continue to grow with organic traffic, just casual searchers looking around.

11. az athena

az athena New Member

First off, I'm not keen at all on posting my own back-links. Yes, it may help you climb in the rankings, but it isn't necessary and many of the search engines can actually tell the quality of the page your link is on. So, if you're on a page with garbage content, your link is worthless anyway. Moreover, if you're doing a good job of maintaining your site, back-links are not something you should personally be worried about because your content will get you in the rankings and others will be linking to you.

12. whnuien

whnuien Member

There is other way for you to get backlinks to your site without having to make your own. If your content is of high quality, informative, and unique, then there will be other people who link to your content if they find it useful and relevant to their own content.

13. ran div

ran div New Member

i think you will not getting good ranking in SERP and not getting effective traffic.

14. nada_book14

nada_book14 New Member

I think only creating of back-links is not the SEO purpose. we need to update our website with day to day activity. updating of website also work best for website ranking. But, side by side we also need back-links. back-links are the backbone of website SERP.

15. seo backlink

seo backlink New Member

Your website keywords rank goes down .

16. parmeshwarsnooze

parmeshwarsnooze New Member

If you stop making backlinks for long time then your website ranking will be down.

17. oliversk

oliversk Active Member

Building links is no longer worth doing. You are years behind. Most professional SEO's who tell you that building links is a viable strategy in 2014 should be fired immediately.

Google can easily detect unnatural link profiles and then you have to hire an expensive SEO agency to detoxify your website link profile to make it look natural and clean

Focus on on-page SEO. Focus on user engagement and you are golden. Also a content strategy is important. Read our webmaster training article:

https://www.webmaster.net/webmaster-training

This will get you started.

Oh by the way - a forum never hurts to increase user engagement on a global site-wide scale, just make sure to interlink domain and subdomain.

18. thomas max

thomas max New Member

If you have Quailty backlinks then you stop create backlinks so website stay on your posiation.but its drawback this position don;t there for a long time so backlinkg dont stop for a website.
    There is other way for you to get backlinks to your site without having to make your own. If your content is of high quality, informative, and unique, then there will be other people who link to your content if they find it useful and relevant to their own content.we need to update our website with day to day activity. updating of website also work best for website ranking. But, side by side we also need back-links. back-links are the backbone of website SERP.

19. enter

enter Member

Backlinks are the "main building blocks of SEO". They are directed to your website and determine your website's popularity and credibility. Without backlinks, visitors of your site will be rare, and of course, prerequisite to that, is your ranking down in Google. Indexing your site would be difficult too.

Not only cause a decline rankings of keyword in search engine , the PR value of the site will be reduced, this will be in not long time. Of course, the stop reverse link higher the quality and quantity are more, can be more obvious. If the reverse link is irrelevant, will not cause change.

20. Adem Ayem

Adem Ayem New Member

Sure occasionally it can affect your site rating as your all different competitor is continuing their activity. It is usually proper do some thing new on normal foundation aside from preventing completely.

I agree with quality content concept