1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are the advantages of Joomla and Drupal over WordPress?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Glados, May 11, 2014.

1. Glados

Glados Member

Before I tried out WordPress, I discovered Joomla and Drupal. I tried them both and found that they were a bit too complicated for my little brain. That's why I shifted to WordPress - I heard that WP was one of the most complete yet easiest to understand CMS out there. WP is what I use until now.

Still, I'm curious... Why would anybody want to use Joomla or Drupal? What are their advantages?

2. turt

turt New Member

Joomla and Drupal have much more flexibility if you have the technical ability. They also have different plugins that may be better than Wordpress. Anyone who doesn't intend on spending a lot of time programing and doing custom work should stick to Wordpress.

3. whnuien

whnuien Member

Wordpress definitely would be my choice as I'm not a techy person which is required for using Joomla and Drupal.

Otherwise if I have enough money to spend then I could pay somebody to build my site with Joomla as they have a plugins that wordpress don't have.